Your cart is empty
Log in to continue with your cart or start a new one.
Effective: 2 June 2018
- Who We Are
- Personal Data We Collect
- What We Do With Your Personal Data
- How We Share Your Data
- Cookies, Analytics and Personalization
- Social Media
- If You are Under 16 Years of Age
- International Transfers of Data
- Data Retention
- Your Rights
- Other Websites
- Changes to the Policy
- Data Protection Officer - Contact and Queries
Who Are We
ASICS is an international athletic equipment company, with headquarters in Japan and establishments worldwide. Our name is an acronym for the Latin phrase Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (sound mind and sound body). ASICS was founded on the belief that sports is the best way to create sound mind and body. Our brands include ASICS, Onitsuka Tiger, Haglöfs and Runkeeper.
ASICS Corporation, 7-1-1, Minatojima-Nakamachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe 650-8555 Japan is responsible for using your personal data, together with other ASICS companies, such depending on where you live and which of our products you are purchasing or which of our Services you are using. An overview of the applicable responsible ASICS companies as well as their representatives and when they will be using your personal data can be found here. ASICS Corporation and the applicable responsible ASICS company will be referred to hereafter as ‘ASICS’ or ‘we’.
Personal Data We Collect
The information we collect about you when you buy our products or use our Services may include the following (jointly referred to as: ‘personal data’).
- Your contact details. Your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address.
- Your account data and electronic identification data (including data added thereto). Your ASICS ID account or other ASICS account (if you have made such an account with us) and other electronic identification data (such as IDFA, GAID, IP address, MAC address) and the data you add to your ASICS ID account or other ASICS account, such as your password, your date of birth, your gender, your language of preference, the time zone you live in, your picture and other information you may share with us.
- Information regarding your use of our online Services. This may include data regarding the pages you visit, the products and services you like and the content of your abandoned shopping cart.
- Your purchases in our stores and online. The data we collect if you purchase a product or use a Service in one of our stores or online, such as the amount and date of your purchase, the product you purchase or Service you use, location of the store, the website or app through which you make your purchase, payment method, payment status, discount, delivery method and delivery address.
- Your leisure activities, interest and events. This includes information regarding events we organize or sponsor, including your interest in and registration to those events (including the date and place of the event and your personal targets), as well as your reason for running and other fitness activities, whether you prefer to run alone or with friends and what other sports you enjoy.
- Your training and running data. The training and running data that you fill out on or generate through the use of our Services or that you import from other apps or services from our partners or third parties, including your running experience and current running abilities (the distance you can run and the time that you can run it in), your training goal (aimed distance and race time), performance (distance and race time, records), training schedule (date, duration and type), your type of running (trail running, natural running or speed running) and your fitness activities.
- Your details regarding contests. The data we collect if you participate in a contest.
- Your reviews. The opinions, experiences, preferences and interests, and product or event reviews that you publish on our websites or share with us online or through social media, such as your experiences and tips regarding gear, your race day and your training schedule.
- Your communication data. Your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you via e-mail, online or via social media.
Special Categories Of Personal Data:
We also collect information you voluntarily provide to us in relation to your physique, condition or nutrition in order to customize and enhance your experience when using our products and Services. These personal data may – by itself or in combination – reveal information about your (physical) health. The special categories of personal data include:
- Activity data and other information you provide when using the Services. Your foot and clothes size and other personal measurement information and activity data that you voluntarily share with us through the use of the Services, such as weight, height, heartrate, calories burned, steps taken, nutritional information, sleep activities, other activity data (type, duration and frequency of fitness activities, distance, speed, pace, step count) and injuries.
- Your running specifics. Your current running shoe, which running type you are and the level of your running.
- Your test and measurement results. Measurement data we collect if you participate in one of our tests or measurement programs, such as Foot ID, Motion ID, Running Lab, 3D foot shape measurement, leg alignment measurement, body composition measurement, leg strength test, running form test, aerobic test and similar measurement programs and tests. Measurement data that we collect during our tests may also include heartrate, blood pressure, oxygen level in blood, fat and muscle mass weight and percentage, BMI, BMR, strength and endurance.
In addition, when using our Services, we may also collect and use exact information regarding your location, such as GPS, accelerometer, your running route (including precise location data that shows your geographical position).
What We Do With Your Personal Data
ASICS collects and uses your personal data for the purposes set out below. Please be informed that insofar ASICS already holds information about you, ASICS may use that information for the same purposes.
For the performance of our agreement with you:
In order to manage and handle your purchases (online and in our stores) and to provide you with the Services you requested from us, including handling your requests, we use your contact details, your account and electronic identification data, information regarding your purchases in our stores and online, information regarding your leisure activities, interest and events, information regarding your training and running data (including your fitness activities), your Contest data, your communication data and – after your consent thereto – information regarding your Personal measurement, your running specifics, your tests, measurement results, and your location data.
To comply with a legal obligation to which ASICS is subject:
Any information referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data We Collect’ may be used to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
For our legitimate commercial interests:
We will use your contact details to send you newsletters or general marketing materials as well as surveys about Products and Services you have purchased. At any time, you may opt out of receiving such marketing materials by following the instructions in any communication you receive from us. You can also control these preferences in your profile settings.
We will use the personal data referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data We Collect’ in order to improve our products and Services as well as to understand our customers both on an aggregated and on an individual basis. In order to do so, we may combine the data we have obtained about you from the different ASICS entities that have collected your personal data (if applicable). This also means that we analyse your use of our products and Services and we use this information to improve our products and Services and to give you a better user experience (e.g., we analyse what web pages you visit, which products and Services you use and like, how you use these products and Services, which enables us to create personal profiles and to assess what may be interesting to you, which recommendations we can give you when you purchase our products or use our Services (such based for example on your previous purchases and use of our Services)). Creating such personal profiles of our customers, also enables us to send you marketing materials that directly relate to your use of our products and Services, if you have chosen to receive such materials.
We may also enrich your personal data with data from other third party sources, such as weather forecasts based on your location (expected temperature, humidity, wind) and traffic forecasts (chance of air pollution), for example to further customize your training plan, allow you to adjust a specific run to the concrete circumstances or provide you with more detailed information about your runs.
The personal data referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data We Collect’ may also be used by ASICS:
- to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our products and Services;
- to assist in security and fraud prevention;
- for system integrity purposes (preventing hacking, cheats, spamming, etc.);
- to remind you per email of your abandoned cart or send you an order confirmation;
- to facilitate our business operations, to operate company policies and procedures;
- to enable us to merge, sell, acquire, or transfer assets; and
- for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law.
Use of information based on your consent:
We may use your personal data referred to above in the section ‘Personal data we collect’ for marketing purposes based on your profiles via email, SMS, other electronic means or otherwise, but we will only do so after we have received your consent to do so.
We also use your personal data referred to above in the section ‘Personal data we collect’ based on your consent, if you subscribe to receiving our newsletters or participating to our surveys.
You can withdraw your consent at any time; see the section Your Rights below.
How We Share Your Data
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
- Service Providers and Processor. We engage third party vendors, agents, service providers, and affiliated entities to provide services to us on our behalf, such as support for the internal operations of our websites, online stores (including payment processors and third parties we use of sending your orders to your home address), Services (e.g., technical support processing), as well as related offline product support services, data storage and other services.
In providing their services, they can access, receive, maintain or otherwise process personal data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- Partners. Sometimes ASICS offers you a service or application in co-operation with partners. We may also disclose your personal data to those partners, but only where you have consented or requested that we do so. If you win a contest or sweepstake, we may disclose the names of winners online. We may also share your information with third party partners and co-sponsors, where relevant; in such cases, we will clearly notify you of the sharing, and you will have the choice not to participate or to otherwise object to such sharing.
- Corporate Transaction. In addition, information about our customers, including personal data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer of ASICS’ assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- With Consent. We may also disclose information about you, including personal data to any other third parties, where you have consented or requested that we do so.
Cookies, Analytics And Personalization
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the ASICS pages), certain personal data may be shared with ASICS about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc.).
If You Are Under 16 Years Of Age
Our online Services are not directed to children under 13 years of age. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 13, please contact us (see ‘Data Protection Officer - Contact and Queries’ below) so that we may take appropriate steps to delete such information.
If you are at least 13 but under 16 years of age, please get the consent of your parent or legal guardian before you give us any personal data about yourself. Your parent or guardian should contact the ASICS company responsible for using your personal data – the overview of the applicable ASICS companies can be found here - and provide us with their name, e-mail address and any other identifying information that we may request. ASICS needs this information in order to verify that they have provided the necessary consent. We may follow up by phone or other means in some circumstances. If you are at least 13 but under 16 years of age, do not contact us or provide us with any personal data until after your parent or guardian has sent us an e-mail consenting to your contact and provision of such information.
International Transfers Of Your Personal Data
Please be informed that we transfer and process any personal data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence. The laws of these countries may not afford the same level of protection to your personal data. ASICS will therefore seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer. More in particular for data transferred from the EU to countries outside the EU, ASICS is using Intra Group Data Transfer Agreements based on EU Model Clauses.
ASICS will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss. Your personal data will be retained for as long as required for the above purposes or in so far as such is necessary for compliance with statutory obligations and for solving any disputes.
ASICS retains your personal data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to send you the newsletters you subscribed to, to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems, etc.), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
If you have created an ASICS ID account or another ASICS account with us, we will delete that account and your personal data upon your request or 30 days after it has become inactive. We will consider your account ‘inactive’ when you haven’t used your ASICS ID account or another ASICS account for a period of 2 years. Before your account becomes inactive, we will notify you to use your ASICS ID or another ASICS account to prevent your account from being inactive. When we cancel your account, your personal data will be deleted, such with the exception of your account data and your training and running data in case you are using the RunKeeper app, which data will be stored for an additional 4 years after your account becomes inactive (unless you ask us to delete your data earlier). Also, if we need to store certain types of your personal data for a longer period due to legal requirements, we will store such data in accordance with the mandatory periods.
You can access the following rights by means of sending an email to the ASICS company responsible for using your personal data (an overview can be found here): right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to object against profiling and your right to data portability.
To the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interests to use your personal data, you also have the right to object to such use (unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the use that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims).
Without undue delay and not later than within a month, we will respond to your request to invoke your rights consistent with applicable law.
You may revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication. You can also control these preferences in your profile settings. ASICS will then stop applying the research results to you at an individual level and will stop sending you marketing communications.
In case you wish to revoke your consent to ASICS using your health data or location data, you can send an email to the ASICS company responsible for using your personal data (an overview can be found here). You can also control these preferences in your profile settings and device.
In case you may have a question or complaint about how we process your personal data, you can send an email to the ASICS company responsible for using your personal data (an overview can be found here. Alternatively, you may consider lodging a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority.
In certain jurisdictions, additional or deviating rules and rights apply to those set out in the section Your Rights above. This is applicable in the following jurisdictions: US (California and Nevada) Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand. You can click on your jurisdiction to see what the relevant rules are.
Our websites and mobile applications contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our websites and mobile applications. While these third-party websites are selected with care, ASICS cannot accept liability for the use of your personal data by these organizations. For more information, please consult the privacy statement of the website you are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
Changes To The Policy
Data Protection Officer - Contact And Queries