Access to and use of the site onitsukatiger.com are governed by the following rules:
Text, graphics and images that are part of this site are the property of ASICS Europe BV. Access to and use of this site are solely for personal entertainment, information or education. You may download, copy or print materials on this site for your personal, non-commercial use only. No right in any materials is transferred to you as a result of downloading or copying. Any other use of the materials on this site without the prior written permission of ASICS Europe BV is strictly prohibited.
ASICS Europe BV provides the information herein with the exclusion of any warranty whatsoever, either express or implied. In particular, excluded is any implied warranty for the non-infringement upon laws and third-party property rights. Moreover, ASICS Europe BV may not be held liable for the contents of any sites which are accessible by hyperlinks from this site or any sites linking to this site.
"SNAP YOUR TRACKS" TERMS & CONDITIONS
ASICS | Onitsuka Tiger SNAP YOUR TRACKS contest (“the contest”) is an initiative of ASICS Europe B.V. (“ASICS”) to promote the Onitsuka Tiger brand and lifestyle products.
DURATION AND ENTRY
The contest will run from 17.02.2014 0:00 CET to 17.03.2014. 24:00 CET. It can be entered through the contest app on the Onitsuka Tiger Facebook page (www.facebook.com/onitsukatiger) and Statigram website ( statigr.am/contest/pymx/snap-your-tracks) as well as directly through the Instagram app. To enter, participants need to upload an original photograph of the Shaw Runner shoe in their favourite neighbourhood using the hashtag #shawrunner.
ASICS will award one grand prize at the end of the contest period and 4 weekly prizes during the contest period.
The grand prize is a trip to Tokyo for the winner and three friends.
The trip has a maximum total value of €20,000 and includes:
- 4 economy class return tickets to Tokyo from a major European airport
- 4 nights’ hotel accommodation for 4 people in Tokyo (4 x single rooms or equivalent)
- Entry for 4 people to 2 selected Tokyo museums or events
- Dinner for 4 people at 2 selected Tokyo restaurants
The trip must take place between 15.06.2014 and 15.07.2014.
ASICS reserves the right to book the cheapest available fare. Any cost above this (preferring a different airline or route to what is the cheapest) must be paid by the individuals. ASICS will cover one checked bag per person only. Travel insurance and visas for entry to Japan and/or transit countries are not included. It is the responsibility of each individual to check the entry requirements for the issuing country of their passport and provide all necessary documentation required prior to travel.
The winner of the grand prize will be selected by ASICS at their sole discretion after the contest period has ended.
At the end of each of the 4 weeks of the contest period, ASICS will award one tokyobike bicycle (wholesale value €365 including VAT) and one Onitsuka Tiger T-shirt (wholesale value €35 including VAT) to the entry submitted during that week that has accumulated the most Likes. Likes will be counted on the contest Facebook tab at 24:00 CET on 23.02.2014, 02.03.2014, 09.03.2014 and 16.03.2014.
General terms and conditions
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com with any questions or comments.
- The contest is organized by ASICS Europe B.V., Taurusavenue 125, 2132 LS, Hoofddorp, The Netherlands, hereinafter referred to as “ASICS”.
- The “Moderator” of the contest is ASICS.
- This contest will run from 17.02.2014 0:00 CET, to 17.03.2014, 24:00 CET (the “contest period”).
- The contest, is open to all individuals that have reached the age of 18 and that participate for private purposes only. Directors, officers, management, employees, other staff and family members of ASICS Europe B.V., ASICS offices in the participant countries, sales force, Onitsuka Tiger retailers (including their staff), agencies involved in the development of this contest, affiliated companies and other persons involved in this contest are not eligible to enter this contest.
- The contest is only open to residents in the following countries: The Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, France, Germany, UK and Spain.
- Participants may enter the contest by uploading their own photos featuring the Onitsuka Tiger Shaw Runner sneaker, in any execution or colourway and tagging their photos with #shawrunner either through the Instagram app or the contest app on the Onitsuka Tiger Facebook page and Statigram page. No purchase is necessary.
- Only participants that have uploaded a photo that was confirmed by the Moderator qualify for the opportunity of winning the prizes outlined above.
- The Moderator of the contest will review the submissions and will confirm or reject the submission.
- The Moderator will review the submission based on the following:
- The adequacy of the content for the contest in terms of it being the quest for the most original photo.
- The fit of the content to the Onitsuka Tiger brand equity of progressiveness, creativity and individualism.
- Potential infringements of third parties’ rights.
- Any offense against the rules of the contest outlined in point 18.
- The Moderator hereby reserves the right to reject any submission without the presentation of reasons.
- Users will be able to upload their entries through several methods:
- By using the app situated on the Onitsuka Tiger Facebook fan page: facebook.com/onitsukatiger?sk=app_1452679934946641
- By using the direct upload on the Statigram app: statigr.am/contest/pymx/snap-your-tracks
- By posting an entry through Instagram along with a support hashtag of #shawrunner
- By entering into this contest and submitting photographic or video works, participants grant to ASICS a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to exploit the intellectual property as vested in the photographic or video work. Participants declare that they are the sole owner of the intellectual property rights of the uploaded and / or tagged photo and indemnify ASICS for any intellectual property claims regarding the uploaded and / or tagged photo.
- Each week during the contest period the (weekly) winner’s submission (decided by the most Likes) will be featured on the Onitsuka Tiger Facebook page and reposted by the @onitsukatigerhq Instagram account. The grand prize winner will be selected by ASICS at their sole discretion from all entries submitted during the contest period. The grand prize winner will be announced on 03.04.2014 and their submission will be featured on the Onitsuka Tiger Facebook page and reposted by the @onitsukatigerhq Instagram account. All winners will be contacted within 10 days of announcement. In the event that ASICS cannot for any reason get in contact with the grand prize winner within 2 weeks of the announcement, ASICS reserves the right to select another winner at its sole discretion.
- The grand prize winner will become the ambassador of the Onitsuka Tiger brand for a week. What this means is that the winner understand and agree to act as ambassadors by submitting at least one photograph per day during the trip that will be posted on Onitsuka Tiger’s Facebook and Instagram channels.
- To enter the contest, submissions must be received before the end of the contest period. ASICS’ decisions as to the administration and operation of the contest and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the contest and are not open for correspondence with ASICS.
- No cash redemptions or prize substitutions allowed, except at ASICS’s sole discretion. The prizes, or any unused portion thereof, cannot be returned, are non-transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all terms and conditions of the contest.
- Participants accept that:
- ASICS has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor, review, remove or refuse the submission or any portion thereof, and the participant acknowledges that the participant is entirely responsible for the contents of any submissions.
Participants may not use the contest for the expression of political or religious ideas, pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, hatred, bigotry, racism or gratuitous violence.
- ASICS has the right to refuse anything that promotes the participant’s own products or services or any third party’s product or services.
ASICS has the right to refuse any entry that contains material that is offensive, injurious, obscene, vindictive, indecent, immoral, aggressive, sexually oriented, racist, derisive, slanderous, discriminatory, or in any other way not in line with good taste and decency, or which ASICS deems in its sole discretion to be otherwise unacceptable.
Entries may not conflict with applicable law or regulations, or the rights of third parties, including without limitation featuring people who have not consented to their image being entered and featuring copyright-protected works or names, logos and registered trademarks without the rights-holder’s consent.
Entries may not in any way harm ASICS, its affiliates, its agents and/or the ASICS or Onitsuka Tiger brand.
Participants may not upload, or post, any material that contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the use of any software or devices.
ASICS retains the right to exclude participants from participating in the contest and to delete
submissions that are not in line with these General Rules of Conduct or are otherwise in conflict with these terms and conditions.
- If the entrant’s submission contains any images of persons who are minor of age, the entrant represents that he or she is the legal guardian of the minor depicted and agrees to the minor being featured in the submissions.
- ASICS explicitly reserves the right to refuse or remove a submission of an entrant, at its sole discretion, in the event ASICS determines an entrant does not comply with all rules and regulations as contained herein.
- If for any reason any aspect of this contest is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of ASICS, ASICS reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in The Netherlands, if required.
- ASICS reserves the rights at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of ASICS or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- ASICS collects personal information obtained from the winners to send them their prize and may, for this purpose only, disclose such information to third parties.
- Asics will contact the winners by one of the following methods:
- For Statigram registered users, a direct message will be sent to the winners
- For Facebook App users, the winners will be contacted through a notification
- For those using a direct upload via statigram, the users will be contacted through a direct message
- ASICS (including its officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage otherwise arising out of or in connection, directly or indirectly, with this contest, the prize(s) or technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under ASICS’s control).
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, by participating in the contest, all
Participants agree to release and hold harmless ASICS, and its affiliates, suppliers, distributors, parent companies, and each of ASICS's officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Complaints. In case of any complaints about this contest, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASICS reserves the right to modify the content of these Terms & Conditions with retrospective effect at any time without prior notice for the sole purpose of ensuring the good execution of the contest, with no detrimental effect on the participants.
- These rules shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Dutch law and any disputes arising out of them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.